Wednesday, February 15, 2023

My Comics Reading List #4

 Holy shit my 2000 A.D. subscription is backed up all the way to last June. Time for several sessions of bing-reading...


21. 2000 A.D. PROG #2286


I had to backtrack a couple programmes to figure out where I left off last year! This is the issue I discovered Stewart Kenneth Moore's wonderful art.


22. 2000 A.D. PROG #2287
I love the Nick Dyer art on the one-shot Dredd story in this issue. The highlight however is a short horror story drawn by Warren Pleece.


23. 2000 A.D. PRO #2288

 "Pandora Perfect" written by Roger Langridge is the main reason to get these all ages "Regened" issues, imho.


24. 2000 A.D. PRO #2289

The ironically titled "Hope" ends it's then current run here, sample some beautiful Jimmy Broxton art below:


25. 2000 A.D. PROG #2290

Dan Abnett pulls double duty with cover feature "Dexter" which continues with the second installment of an interlude serial where Dexter and crew get in between two warring mob families. Dan Abnett's other epic "Brink" continues it's slow burn.


26. 2000 A.D. PROG #2291

Gordon Rennie and Simon Coleby bring us some well-drawn military SF with cover feature "Jaegir".


27. 2000 A.D. PROG #2292

I have to give special mention to Italian artist Tazzio Bettin and his work on "Dexter" with Dan Abnett. He's not flashy, but I always look forward to seeing his work on this series.


28. 2000 A.D. PROG #2293

 "Skip Tracer" isn't my favorite serial, but I do still read it and occasionally get a kick out the Father/Daughter dynamic. Here's an explosive panel from artist Paul Marshall...


29. 2000 A.D. PROG #2294

The penultimate (23 of 24) chapter of "Brink" ratchets up the suspense as things continue to spiral.


30. 2000 A.D. PROG #2295

Even though "Brink" ends this issue, the "Judge Dredd" one-shot is the highlight. Showcasing the wide range of stories that Dredd can be used in this humorous romp is a great use of the character. I love the less serious stories in the Dredd-verse.

Lewd Public Innuendo, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment