Sunday, January 29, 2023

My Science Fiction Reading List

I've got about a hundred science fiction paperbacks sitting around unread, so here's my adaptation of Mike Nickell's #my500comicgoal Twitter hashtag for 2023. I do read digital also, so we'll start there...

0. THE DEVIL'S NEBULA by Eric Brown

This is my favorite type of science fiction, just plain weird situations and characters with a more grounded character moving through the story. This is one I finished from last summer! Yikes. It may be a short list, folks.

1. THE EMPLOYEES by Olga Ravn (Martin Aitken: translator) [read on Libby app]

Christ! This is one creepy story. I thought it was going to be a workplace comedy, ffs. Everything pulls together in the end to make a good dystopian space opera, just told in HR exit interviews as things slowly fall apart on a generation ship.

2. A HERITAGE OF STARS by Clifford D. Simak

I read this one before, but I've read so many Simak books I misremembered quite a few parts of the book. Quite an unusual (and complicated) back story for a post-apocalyptic tale. My favorite characters are the dad who talks to plants and his daughter whose perceptions reach across the universe. Yeah, it's my kind of book...

No comments:

Post a Comment