Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Watching Comics: Comic Kkrakk Lockdown Edition

 I've been trolling Terence Fuller's archives on YouTube and found some great stuff from 2020, before I officially ran across him and "comics youtube" on twitter.




First up, an epic haul video entailing a comics trade with Greg Harder. He is the Joseph Koch of Canada (beautiful Winnipeg, to be more specific), owning a warehouse with a million plus comics floor to ceiling. Terence shares a video that shows Greg and the inside of the warehouse.



This was a real surprise, SleepyReader666 pops in for a chat with Comic Kkrakk early in the pandemic for maybe the first time. Stick around until the end when SleepyReader666 pulls out an absolutely incredible haul from Floating World Comics and Cosmic Monkey! Ryan C. of Ryan C.'s Four Color Apocalypse joins in the live comments, and LahRasa pops in at the very end, as well.




So, I first encountered Comic Kkrakk, LahRasa, and SleepyReader666 after seeing their Sunday live chat posted on twitter, I believe, late in 2020. That was my tentative introduction to "comics youtube". Above is the earliest chat I could find between Comic Kkrakk and LahRasa on either of their channels. What a great influence those three have had on my comic collecting mentality since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment