Tuesday, December 13, 2022

New Comic Book Day 12/14

My recommendations from the weekly New Comics listings in Previews World:

This collects AGE OF BRONZE #20-#26 in color. I've never read any of this Eric Shanower series, so I'm glad Image is keeping it in print. 

An OGN illustrated by Howard Caykin will always get my attention. 
Howard Chaykin Instagram: howardvictorchaykin

It must be THE KILLER Week from Boom Studios! 

I just love the look of Rachele Aragno's art, and it's nice to have a Mignola book not tied into thirty years of continuity.
Rachele Aragno Twitter: RacheleAragno 
Rachele Aragno Instagram: rachelearagno82

Your weekly (it seems) Michael Avon Oeming release is an affordable Omnibus reprinting of POWERS.

My main collecting energies in the 80s were spent on John Byrne's FANTASTIC FOUR, but for some reason I wasn't as in to this Thing solo series that followed SECRET WARS. The big draws in this volume are the Barry Windsor Smith "Thing" story from MARVEL FANFARE #15 and the Bernie Wrightson "Thing/Hulk" Graphic Novel.

Looking through these endless new comics listings it is so great to see classic independent publishers resurrected and putting out quality comics.

Probably the most memorable Alley Oop stories are the time travel stories. The daily version of those have been collected in the past by Kitchen Sink, I believe. Here's a rare chance to see some rare full color VT HamlinSundays, as well.

A classic collection of art spiegelman's underground comics work in a new expanded edition.

I read this in short suspenseful installments in the weekly 2000 A.D. Magazine. I highly recommend this book, it's not even really necessary to have read the previous 4 volumes. 
I.N.J. Culbard Twitter: injculbard
Dan Abnett Twitter: VincentAbnett 

Some prime Crepax Valentina and Emmanuelle (and a later 1990 story with the latter).

I think this is the penultimate issue of this series from Craig Thompson. 

My Manga choice for the week. 

A new edition of this Milo Manara graphic novel.

This sounds like an amazing historical collection of a comic strip that's lost to time until now.

That's a long list, lots of varied books this week! See you at the LCS.


No comments:

Post a Comment