Friday, December 23, 2022

Last Gasp Vault: Keiichi Koike's HEAVEN'S DOOR EXTRA WORKS

I've really enjoyed exploring the back catalog and vintage comix from other publishers that Last Gasp Books and Comix carries in their online store. However, I'd like to take some time to highlight the books published by Last Gasp in 2022:


Images from lastgasp.com

Ryan C.'s Four Color Apocalypse placed this title on his "Top 10 Vintage Collected Editions" list on Patreon, and I couldn't agree more. Last Gasp seems tailor-made for publishing Keiichi Koike's "drug in a paper form!" (quoting product page) I'm not surprised a psychedelic Manga exists, or that the linework looks like something out of a European album. This seems much more than another tired melding of genre and form, and more of a case of the artist's self-conscious mind bleeding out slowly onto the comics page. I'm hoping it stays in print long enough so I can get a copy, as this is the sort of Manga that interests me most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment