Monday, February 26, 2024

New Alternative and Small Press Comix Arrivals (February Week 4)

 1. RELUCTANT SADIST #8 (Hal Weaver) bluesky

35 years since the last issue. Never say never in small press comics.


2. THIS DREAD DISEASE WE CALL SKIN (Erika Price) bluesky



3. UNDERGROUND KINGDOM COMIX PRESENTS: ROMANCE (Underground Kingdom Comix) bluesky


On kickstarter until March 15th, with physical and digital copies and original art rewards. I've pledged for physical copies of all three UKC releases. This one has well-known UK weirdos Adam Falp and Anna Readman among the other talented cartoonists within!


4. Anke Feuchtenberger Collection (Domino Books)








That top W THE WHORE book is the earliest book I remember catching my eye at Domino Books back in my early days of twitter, I believe. These usually sell out quickly.


5. CLUSTERFUX COMIX #6 (Partners and Son)


Cameron (FUGU COMIX, LORD BUTTONCHOPS) Hatheway has gathered a stunning 156 magazine-sized pages of underground-type cartoonists that are new to me (except for the wonderful Nate Garcia cover). Check out the samples linked to above.


6. READY AMERICA by Anna Haifisch (Rotopol Press)

Hopefully one of our favorite North American outlets will pick up this German publication when it comes out. Hint, hint.


7. NP by Ed Firth (Silver Sprocket)

Love this cover by UK talent Ed Firth. Take this rare opportunity to order his books from a US source. Silver Sprocket also has his hardcover collection POUND SHOP: DECADE.


8.  UN AN by Mazen Kerbaj (All The Old Poisons)


Mazen Kerbaj is a Lebanese cartoonist/musician


9. GRIXLY #63 and #64 by Nate McDonough (The Copacetic Comics Company)



 
10. SE VIENEN COSAS GRANDES (Gatoshop)

Mexico City artist Cumi D. Tamayo one-person anthology. Ines Estrada has a sharp eye for finding unique comics worldwide.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my new comix! I’ll be glad to send you a copy if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh! I'd love to mail you a copy of my comix! Where can I send it? I appreciate the mention here.

    ReplyDelete