Sunday, October 1, 2023

New Comics in October ShortBox Comics Fair Part One

SHORTBOXCOMICSFAIR.COM STARTED 10/1 AND I HAVE MY INITIAL WISH LIST. I WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD ALL OF MY TOP TEN (+1), BUT I USUALLY GET AT LEAST 2 OR 3 EVERY YEAR. THIS WISH LIST IS JUST MY INITIAL CONNECTION WITH NAMES I RECOGNIZE AND STYLES I CONNECT WITH, LITERALLY EVERY COMIC IN THE FAIR THIS YEAR LOOKS TO BE OF HIGH QUALITY. ZAINAB AKHTAR HAS DONE AN INCREDIBLE JOB ORGANIZING THIS EVENT, EVEN MORESO THAT ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE FAIR GO TO THE CREATORS AND CREATORS KEEP ALL RIGHTS TO THEIR WORKS. (I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DO FURTHER INSTALLMENTS OF MY WISH LIST, AND MAYBE START A GOFUNDME FOR MY SHORTBOX COMICS ADDICTION🤑)

Brazilian cartoonist Manda Conti's SINKHOLE is one of the most intriguing on this list...
Namsai K. is from Thailand and has a wonderful, almost abstract, way of creating comics...
Graphic novel with very appealing art style by Asia Miller...
Swiss artist Michael Furler with a wild style...
French cartoonist Pavina, the cover alone sold me on this one...
I love the art of Pakistani creator Fatima Wajid...
Linnea Sterte (Sweden) known for STAGES OF ROT and A FROG IN THE FALL.
I bought Shazleen Khan's last ShortBox book, you should buy everything by Shazleen!
Silver Sprocket regular Elle Shivers is a cartoonist based in the Phillipines...
I know David Brothers from the MANGASPLAINING podcast, this looks like fun...
Swedish cartoonist Disa Wallander, known for BECOMING HORSES from D&Q...

No comments:

Post a Comment